Monday 25 June 2012

4 days to go...

Hi all

It is now only 4 days until we go to Haiti and it is only now that it has properly sunk in. Every time I tell someone about our trip, I am reminded of the new challenges and expereinecs that we will face. I am really excited about working alongside the team and getting to know them. Here's to many laughs (and tears, I'm sure)!

It it amazing how God prepares our hearts and minds for the work He has planned for us. I have been so humbled by the support from friends and family over the last couple of months. This support has been both financial and through prayer, but without it, my trip to Haiti could not happen. Thank you to everyone and I can't wait to share the stories when we get home.

I was reminded tonight of John 10:10 - Jesus said, I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I hope that during our time in Haiti we will be able to make this verse a reality for the people we meet. In comparison, our idea of a 'full' life may be very different but I pray that the Lord will use us to model the peace and hope which can be found in life with Him.

Please pray for the team as we make final preperations and for safety as we travel.

Thanks
Anna :)

1 comment:

  1. Haiti team, We all wish you well, we will be praying for you as we serve in Burundi! For those who are going for the first time, you will meet the challenges head on I am sure; for those repeating this wonderful act of service to the Lord we pray that you too will be blessed abundantly. keep us up to date with your progress!

    ReplyDelete